Phoenix BJJ & MMA Academy Ambassador
Do you think you have what it takes to be a Phoenix BJJ & MMA Academy Ambassador? Start your journey here!
What is a Phoenix BJJ & MMA Academy Ambassador?
Under the direction of Academy Coaches, the Ambassadors assist in the academy environment by aiding in demonstrating and evaluating students. The Ambassadors will learn about themselves by becoming well versed in the academy rules and curriculum, being a mentor, being a leader, learning how to engage with others and to be a guide for other students. Most important is, the experience of being an Ambassador is to become a key member of society, a good citizen. Student Ambassadors come from diverse backgrounds, but share common traits of self-discipline, self-confidence, respect, courage, motivation, empathy, assertiveness, enthusiasm, communicator, goodness and are always seeking knowledge.
- Ages 10 through 15.
- 1 year of training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- White belt with 4 stripes, or higher belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- Earned a Yellow Stripe for Leadership from our Children’s Achievement Stripe Program.
- Earned a Red Stripe for Commitment from our Children’s Achievement Stripe Program.
- Earned a Green Stripe for community service from our Children’s Achievement Stripe Program.
- One full page written letter of interest from the applicant that explains why they want to be a Phoenix BJJ & MMA Academy Ambassador.
- One letter of recommendation from a school teacher or person of authority (non-family member older than 18, organizational leader, etc.).
- Parent approval.
You can apply to be an Ambassador by contacting one of our coaches and submitting a letter of interest with your one letter of recommendation to the front desk.
Assessment and Interview phase:
Once a student has been accepted into the testing phase to be a Phoenix BJJ & MMA Academy Ambassador, he or she will take part in a special written test over our posted academy rules. They will then be evaluated on the mat over the following positions: guard, side control, mount, and the back which will include submissions and defenses, and followed with an interview by three academy coaches.
Once an applicant has passed the application phase, assessment phase, and interview, the approved applicant starts their probationary Ambassadorship. The probationary Ambassador will be evaluated for one complete month and will earn their Purple Stripe. This is an educational journey that begins the moment you apply.
Your involvement as an Ambassador can provide you with a competitive edge on your personal growth. Your experience as a Student Ambassador will prepare you to be confident and responsible. Assertive students will gain valuable skills to help them succeed in life transitions; including social interaction and time-management skills, self-confidence, respect for others, and how to make smart choices.
The Purple Stripe is challenging to earn. But can be accomplished over time and hard work. It depicts the awareness of a student’s hard work ethic, ability, and discipline for one’s self and others success.